Plymouth Argyle 3
Wycombe Wanderers 3
Monday 26th December 2016
Football League Two

Wycombe's run of consecutive victories may have come to an end but a last minute goal from Myles Weston salavaged a point for Wanderers in a 3-3 draw at league leaders Plymouth Argyle on Boxing Day.

Team news at Home Park saw just one change for Wanderers compared to the XI that had started against Leyton Orient the previous Saturday - Adebayo Akinfenwa returning after for suspension in place of Garry Thompson.

Scott Kashket scored again to give Wanderers an 8th minute lead but the home side struck back to equalise ten minutes later before taking the lead five minutes before the break. In between those goals there as an injury set-back for Wanderers when Michael Harriman was forced off injured, to be replaced by Sido Jombati.

Argyle extended their lead to 3-1 on 56 minutes but Adebayo Akinfenwa ghosted in to reduce the deficit three minutes later. Weston's last gasp equaliser for Wanderers silenced the 12,000 locals - a share of the points meaning their team dropped to second spot in the table, while Wycombe remain in 6th place with 35 points.

Meanwhile, the post match press conference saw Argyle Manager Derek Adams continue his tirade against the Wanderers and confirm his delusions of grandeur.
Full-time - Plymouth 3 Wycombe 3
Wycombe: Blackman, Harriman (sub 29 Jombati), Stewart, Pierre, Jacobson, Gape, O’Nien (sub 85 Thompson), Bloomfield, Cowan-Hall, Akinfenwa, Kashket (sub 83 Weston) - subs not used: Brown, Bean, Wood, De Havilland
Scorers: Kashket 8, Akinfenwa 59, Weston 89
Bookings: Kashket 82, Stewart 90+2, Jacobson 90+4
Plymouth: McCormick, Miller, Songo’o, Smith, Slew, Carey, Jervis, Bradley, Threlkeld, Fox, Garita - subs not used: Dorel, Bulvitis, Goodwillie, Purrington, Osborne, Rooney, Tanner
Scorers: Slew 18, Jervis 40, Songo'o 56
Bookings: Threlkeld 88
Referee: Graham Salisbury Attendance: 12,210 (284 away)

Gareth AinsworthSpeaking after the game, Wanderers Manager Gareth Ainsworth told the press: "To do what we have done has shown amazing character. 3-1 down with half an hour to go and to turn it round like that is awesome. Bayo’s goal gave us some hope and then what a finish from Myles Weston. We have been waiting a long time for Myles and I have felt as he has had a stop start career with his groin injury but that is the bit of quality that I have seen in him."

“I am really proud of the resilience we have shown and a big shout out to the players as they have sacrificed Christmas Day and it has made it all worthwhile.”

“The two goals in the first half weren’t great. Slew scored with a great finish but we didn’t pick him up and we have to organise better when people aren’t in position. With the second one, there were a few uncharacteristic errors on our part and those goals could have been avoidable. I thought on the other hand our goals were real quality and we have such big hearts."

Meanwhile, it was the comments from Argyle Manager Derek Adams that gave the listening press more than enough to fill their pages. The fiery Adams said: "I thought we played very well. We passed the ball and created openings. We have hit the bar, we have hit the post and we have had a number of penalty claims turned down. We probably deserved to win the game. We haven't won it in the end but I think there was only one team trying to pass the ball and move it."

Attempting to explain his comments, he added: "Garita was through and he has got the other side (of Aaron Pierre). He got pulled back and it's a penalty kick and a sending-off. (Joe) Jacobson took out Jervis on our far side and should have been booked and didn't get anything happen to him. He then got booked later on and it should have been another sending-off. They (Wycombe) resorted to rugby challenges in the game. They were off the ball at times as well. The officials missed it and that's disappointing."

All there is to say and know about Wycombe Wanderers on the Internet