Dagenham & Redbridge 1
Wycombe Wanderers 2
Tuesday 9th February 2016
Football League Two

Wycombe climbed back to 6th spot in 'League Two' following a 2-1 victory at 23rd placed Dagenham & Redbridge. Paris Cowan-Hall headed the winner on 74 minutes in a match where both sides had a player sent-off. First to go was Daggers' Josh Passley who was shown red for denying Garry Thompson a clear goal scoring opportunity on 31 minutes. It was then Thompson who saw red on 61 minutes for a midfield lunge on Joss Labadie and he will now miss the next three games.

Wanderers, fielding three changes from the side that had lost to Luton the previous weekend, took the lead in first-half stoppage time when Paul Hayes tapped in at the far post after a ball played in from the right. However, the home side, managed again by John Still, found added energy in the second-period and after Thompson had been shown a straight red, the Daggers drew level on 72 minutes through Luke Guttridge. However, it was Wanderers who kicked in again to grab the victory that takes Gareth Ainsworth's side back into the play-off places ahead of the visit of Exeter City on Saturday (13th February).

Full-time - Dagenham 1 Wycombe 2
Wycombe: Allsop, Harriman, Jombati, McCarthy, Pierre, Cowan-Hall, Bloomfield (sub 90 McGinn), O'Nien, Wood (sub 78 Bean), Thompson, Hayes (sub 76 Ugwu) - subs not used: Richardson, Stewart, Kretzschmar, Amadi-Holloway
Scorers: Hayes 45+2, Cowan-Hall 75
Bookings: Bloomfield 66 - Red Card: Thompson 61 (dangerous play)
Dagenham: Cousins, Passley, Labadie, Doidge, Jones (sub HT Hawkins), Muldoon (sub 33 Hoyte), Guttridge, Worrall, Hemmings (sub HT Raymond), Hyam, Widdowson - subs not used: O'Brien, Cureton, Dikamona, Chambers
Scorers: Guttridge 72 - Red Card: Passley 31 (dangerous play)
Bookings: Hawkins 80, Doidge 81, Labadie 83
Referee: Mr Keith Stroud Attendance: 1,446 (326 away)

Gareth AinsworthSpeaking after the game, Wanderers Manager Gareth Ainsworth told the press: "We definitely did it the hard way. It was scrappy and you know what you are going to get at Dagenham. John Still has been brought here to rescue them. We were hanging on at the end a bit and it was difficult to stop them getting the ball in the box. We knew what was happening but we couldn’t get to grips with it. It was commendable defending. Often when you are playing against a long ball team you want to get the ball down and play through them and it is not always easy. It is not easy when you are not in form."

Commenting on the sendings off, Ainsworth added: "The message at half-time was to make the extra man count. Unfortunately we could only do that for 15 to 20 minutes and possibly rightly so. I think the referee has no choice but to send Garry off. The tackle was high but I do sympathise with Garry and I think he was just pulled back before he made the tackle."

All there is to say and know about Wycombe Wanderers on the Internet