Wycombe Wanderers 1
Dagenham & Redbridge 1
Saturday 22nd August 2015
Football League Two

Michael Harriman - provided the cross for Aaron Pierre's leveller on 95 minutes A last gasp goal from Aaron Pierre salvaged a point for Wanderers against previously pointless Dagenham & Redbridge at Adams Park. With Villa loanee Janoi Donacien making his Wycombe debut, it was former Wanderer Matt McClure who gave the visitors the lead in the 7th minute after taking advantage of a poor clearance. The visitors continued to look dangerous on the break and had a 'goal' disallowed just before the interval for a borderline offside against Ayo Obileye.

Wycombe started to look more lively after Gareth Ainsworth changed things around by introducing Aaron Amadi-Holloway for Paul Hayes and Jason Banton for Donacien - Sido Jombati switching to centre-half and Michael Harriman going to right-back. Wanderers pressed and a late challenge by McClure on Jombati on 77 minutes saw a second yellow card and dismissal for the former Wycombe youth teamer.

Stephen McGinn saw an effort saved with five minutes of normal time remaining before the referee signalled six minutes of additional time to give Wycombe hope. An equaliser looked like it wouldn't come when on 92 minutes Amadi-Holloway couldn't quite connect to a loose ball following a Garry Thompson free-kick. However, in the very final minute of stoppage time a Harriman cross saw Pierre power home a header and spark mass celebration amongst the home following.
Full-time - Wycombe 1 Dagenham & Redbridge 1
Wycombe: Ingram, Jombati, Jacobson, Donacien (sub 67 Banton), Pierre, Harriman, Bean, McGinn, Wood (sub 93 Sellers), Hayes (sub 59 Amadi-Holloway), Thompson - subs not used: Lynch, Bloomfield, O’Nien, Kretzschmar
Scorers: Pierre 90+5
Bookings: Harriman 62
Dagenham & Redbridge: O’Brien, Passley, Widdowson, Nosworthy, Obileye, Hemmings (sub 85 Connors), Ferdinand, Boucaud, Jones (sub 61 Chambers), Doidge, McClure - subs not used: Cousins, Dikamona, Richards, Hamalainen, Partridge
Scorers: McClure 7
Bookings: Widdowson 49, McClure 64, Chambers 65, McClure 77 (red card - second yellow)
Referee: Darren England Attendance: 3,343 (104 away)

Gareth AinsworthSpeaking after the game, Wanderers Manager Gareth Ainsworth told the press: "We do get last minute goals. We have this never-say-die attitude. Two or three years ago we would have seen hordes of Wycombe fans leaving before the end but with this spirit we have got they know not to leave.” He added: “In the first half we were poor and Dagenham were the better side. They went very direct with two big forwards and we didn’t start until the second half. I had to give the team a bit of a rocket at half time. I told them to get their foot on the ball and take that extra pass which we didn’t do in the first half." Commenting on Aaron Pierre's second goal in as many games, the Wycombe boss said: “Aaron Pierre is doing really well at the moment. He had two men on him for every set play and was being really hounded out but right at the end he managed to wriggle himself free. It was a great ball in from Michael Harriman and it was a fantastic finish to a good second half and it might end up to be a very good point.”

Back To Top

Chairboys on the Net All there is to say and know about Wycombe Wanderers on the Internet