|ABOUT THIS SERVICE:
The Gas Room is a 'Message Board' service first introduced in July 1998. It allows you to post messages that appear immediately for others to see. Responses are 'threaded' to the original message for easy navigation. The service is hosted free of charge by server.com who fund the service via the various banner adverts and pop-ups. Neither Chairboys on the Net or the administrators have any control over these adverts and also receive no income. However, by clicking on the adverts and supporting the advertisers you will help continue to make this service free of charge to use and also free from the need of registration. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before using the forum. Using the forum is acceptance of agreeing with these terms and conditions. Please note in particular the points in bold face.|
REQUIREMENTS: As far as we have tested this service seems to work with all types of 'modern' browser. This service does NOT require users to adopt a password. The requirement of an e-mail address and name is optional. Enter your own valid e-mail address if any at all.
Any responses to your postings will sent to this e-mail address - invalid e-mail addresses slow the system down. Messages with invalid e-mail addresses may be deleted by the system administrator. Omission of the author field automatically generates 'Anonymous' as the name. A blank subject field on a new message automatically generates 'No subject' in the subject field. Direct responses to previous postings with the subject field blank automatically generate a 're.original subject' in the subject field. To reduce user confusion, messages containing 'No subject' in the subject field and/or 'Anonymous' in the author field are liable to deletion.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE: The purpose of the Gas Room is to encourage a lively discussion about all things relating to Wycombe Wanderers but please be aware that the forum is checked on a regular basis and postings may be removed if they do not follow the following guidelines.
By entering the Message Board area you accept all these terms and conditions. If you don't agree to follow all of the terms and conditions then please do not use this service. Messages relating to previously deleted messages will not be discussed on the message board and these will also be deleted, so please don't waste your time. If you have any grievance with a message being deleted then feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We have had just a handful of complaints since the service was started in 1998, so draw your own conclusions on why that is.
- Names and Nicknames - We would recommend that you use a nickname when posting messages and if possible stick to the same one. The use of real names or trying to imitate other posters isn't looked upon favourably and could mean your post being deleted. All 'Anonymous' posts are liable to deletion.
- Please be respectful - Try and use language that you would expect others to use in reply to your comments. Messages that are considered to contain an excess of abusive language and/or include personal insults to other posters may be deleted. Please do not reply to these messages and prolong a pointless slagging match. If you wish a message to be removed for any reason please contact The Gas Room administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org, every effort will be made to remove such messages within 24 hours.
- Racism - This will not be tolerated in any form. Please do not reply to these messages. Report instances to email@example.com
- SMS type language Please avoid the use of SMS style language within the message field (eg u r gr8) - it makes reading the messages difficult for those unfamiliar with this style, looks terrible and simply isn't necessary with a proper keyboard and a virtually unlimited text field.
- Fans from other clubs We welcome postings from fans of other clubs but don't bother posting the mindnumbingly boring 'Wycombe are sh*t type' postings, we've heard it all before and suitable action will be taken. Any postings that are likely to incite violence or attempt to arrange such activities will also be dealt with.
- Keep it relevant - Please keep the subject matter on topic and relevant to Wycombe Wanderers, or at the very least football - if you wish to have a personal conversion with another poster please use a Chat Room, e-mail or a more appropriate service to avoid annoying others.
- No text in message - If you post a reply that is contained only in the subject field (ie there is no text in the message area) (nm) is now added automatically to the subject to indicate "no message".
- Spam Deliberate multiple postings will be considered as 'spam' and will be dealt with as deemed necessary by the administrator. Please be patient once you have hit the submit the button. Pressing the button again may result in a duplicated posting.
- HTML tags Messages that contain inappropriate use of images or HTML tags may be deleted by the system administrator to prevent degredation of the message board service. Do not use HTML unless you are confident in its use. Linking to other sites is now automatic as long as you include the http:// as part of the link. Please do not attempt alternative linking methods using HTML as these are likely to be deleted.
- Links Links to external sites that are deemed inappropriate (eg those containing porngraphic or images of a violent nature will be removed). Links, be they by hypertext or otherwise, to sites of an overly commercial nature will be removed unless there has been prior agreement with the administrator. The GasRoom is run as a totally non-profit making venture, so don't try and make money out of us, be it your site or run by somebody else.
- Adams Park
Wycombe Wanderers Football Club play at Adams Park in memory of the Club's greatest benefactor. As a mark of respect, any reference to the ground by a sponsored name will be subject to deletion. Links to external websites containing reference to the sponsored name are also liable to deletion, while links to websites maintaining the use of Adams Park are encouraged. See the chairboys.co.uk history section for more background on this topic
- Offering tickets for sale for football matches
The reselling of tickets for football matches in the UK is illegal. Links offering tickets for sale will be subject to deletion. If you have genuine spare tickets for matches then please contact the club's and/or venue associated with the match for details of their returns policy.
- Copyright The posting of copyrighted material be it text or 'inline' images may be subject to deletion. In all cases the responsibility lies with the poster and you will have to deal with any action taken by the originator. By posting material in the 'gasroom' you consent for any original text to be subject for re-publication on Chairboys on the Net (www.chairboys.co.uk) eg. Fans views and opinions. In all cases no real names will be used unless approved via e-mail.
- Your responsibilty YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE AND LIABLE FOR THE CONTENT OF ANY MATERIAL YOU POST TO THIS SERVICE. YOU ALSO AGREE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR EVERYTHING THAT YOU POST VIA THIS SERVICE. YOU AGREE NOT TO POST DEFAMATORY, LIBELLOUS, OBSCENE OR OFFENSIVE MATERIAL; TO POST COMPUTER VIRUSES OR ENGAGE IN COMPUTER MISUSE; TO IMPERSONATE OTHERS OR TO OTHERWISE USE THE SERVICE IN ANY WAY WHICH IS OR MAY BE UNLAWFUL OR LIKELY TO CAUSE DISTRESS, OFFENCE OR ANNOYANCE TO OTHER USERS, US OR THIRD PARTIES. YOU AGREE NOT TO USE THE SERVICE SO AS TO INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS (EG. COPYRIGHT, TRADE MARKS ETC.) OF ANY OTHER PERSON. BY POSTING MATERIAL TO THE SERVICES YOU AUTOMATICALLY GRANT, OR WARRANT THAT THE OWNER OF THE RIGHTS IN THE MATERIAL HAS EXPRESSLY GRANTED, TO US A ROYALTY-FREE, PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE, IRREVOCABLE LICENCE TO DO ALL SUCH ACTS WITH THE MATERIAL AS THE OWNER OF THE RIGHTS IN THE MATERIAL MAY DO.
- Our responsibilty Chairboys on the Net accepts no responsibility for any disputes that should arise through use of this service to the full extent permissible by law and we shall not be liable to you for any damages or losses arising in connection with the service. The views expressed are those of the user and do not necessarily reflect those of the system administrator, moderator and/or Chairboys on the Net. Neither Chairboys on the Net nor the provider of the Message Board service guarantees its continual availability.
- Monitoring The service is run by unpaid volunteers and is checked at various times throughout the day. In accordance with these terms and conditions, messages will be removed where necessary along with any replies. We do not undertake to monitor the service continously and this should be considered when asking for offending messages to be removed.
- Private Policy Please see our Private Policy Statement for full details.
- Continual disreguard of these Terms and Conditions People who continually abuse this service may be traced and reported to their ISP, employer or educational establishment for further action. Messages relating to these cases may be left on the Message Board as
evidence and the IP address passed on to the necessary authorities. For this reason, other than messages by the administrators, NO MESSAGES WILL BE EDITED OR MODIFIED IN ANYWAY.
- We reserve the right to delete any message and corresponding replies that we feel are inappropriate to the intended use of this forum.
Finally we would like to apologise for the lengthy terms and conditions above and thank the vast majority of our users since it was introduced for their co-operation in making the gasroom a vital source of news and entertainment for anybody interested in Wycombe Wanderers. With your help, long may it continue.